Today felt like a Monday but was really Tuesday which means one day closer to the weekend so it was a WIN WIN! Going back to work after a long weekend is always brutal but getting back on schedule was nice after all the crap I ate this weekend, the alcohol I drank and the late late nights!
Last night I started reading a new ebook called, “The 17 day diet”. It’s gotten a lot of hype because the doctor that created it was on the Dr. Oz show. I know a couple people who have done the diet, so I wanted to read and learn more about it.
Wikipedia explains the diet as:
The diet is centered around the idea of metabolic confusion and was originally made to be a weight loss plan to get rid of or avoid typical holiday weight gain. The diet has four cycles that the dieter must follow:
- Accelerate: Encourages rapid weight loss, cleansing and fat burning. Discourages fat storage in the dieter.
- Activate: Resets the metabolism of the dieter.
- Achieve: Develops good eating habits and helps the dieter to learn how to eat carbohydrates.
- Arrive: A combination of the first three cycles.
- Unlimited amounts of vegetables (excluding: beans, potatoes, corn, avocado)
- Unlimited amounts of lean protein
- Chicken and Turkey
- Eggs ( two yolks= a serving, four egg whites= a serving)
- Drink 3 glasses of green tea throughout the day
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day- 64 ounces total
- Eat 2 probiotics a day (yogurt & etc.)
- Eat 2 pieces of fruit a day (last fruit must be consumed before 2pm)
- Low sugar fruits only – such as peaches, apples, grapes and other selected