Everyday I like to browse the Internet and catch up up on my celebrity gossip…
However sometimes I do actually read the news and today the wonderful city of Cleveland, OH debuted on Yahoo’s website. The article talked about how cold it is here in Cleveland and how much colder it’s going to get the next couple days.
The article explained 22 tips that were found online to help keep you warm and save on your heating costs. I decided to share which were my favorites:
- Dress in layers– I am always layered my hubby however NEVER is and is always the first to complain “it’s cold” in our house)
- Wear thicker socks or slippers– Never underestimate a good pair of house slippers
- Eat soup and other warm meals– My crock pot has been on cooking all sorts of delicious hearty meals since November.
- Open curtains and blinds during the day to let the sun in– It’s rare that we get sunny days so when it is sunny out, I open every curtain in the house. My house plants thank me for it!
- Snuggle up in a blanket whenever you’re sitting down– I’m snuggled up in a blanket as I type this blog!
- Do something active (clean the house, exercise, etc.)– No brainer here…
- Don’t run the bathroom fan after you shower; the humidity will make the house feel warmer– I’ve never done this but I’m going to try it!
- Use rugs on bare floors– We have hard wood floors so this is a must!
My favorite part of the article though was reading through the comments people left…
We already do all that stuff silly. If you really want to warm yourself up though, try som old overholt rye whiskey or some carvas brothers’ scotch… mmmm <—- I kind of want a glass of wine now:)
Number one should have been……..Move out of Ohio. <—– Thanks captain obvious!
Clean Eating Day #10
Breakfast: 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of blueberries, 2 egg whites, 8oz. of water, Coffee
Snack: 1 whole grain wrap with one slice of low-fat deli ham.
Lunch: Salad with 2 cups of spinach, 2.5 oz. of turkey breast, 1/3 cup of cranrasins, 10 almonds, small sprinkle of reduced fat feta cheese, orange slices, balsamic vinaigrette.
Snack: 1 apple, 1 Tsp. natural peanut butter
Dinner: Roast w/ red skinned potatoes, onions and carrots. <— I cooked this in the crock pot for dinner.
Snack: Smart Ones dessert cup…. def NOT clean!
Challenges: Today was the toughest day I have had in awhile. Around 2pm I started craving something sweet…. peanut butter and chocolate! I had an apple with some peanut butter thinking that would sway the craving but it honestly only made it worse. Finally after dinner I gave in and had a Smart Ones dessert… I was still in my daily points for WW today so I said screw it. I ran four miles today so I’ll live…